Thursday, October 20, 2011

Life to the full!

Jesus said in John 10:10b "I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full."

I've always wondered what Jesus meant by life "to the full." I guess, in my fast paced American mind, I thought that meant busy. Lots of good stuff always scheduled in my dayplanner. I have certainly lived quite a busy life, lots of activity. These activities have changed in nature as I've grown. It's gone from youth group and high school soccer, to Salt Company (our college ministry), to being the Ukrainian version of a soccer mom. (Which I totally love, by the way. I even have my soccer mom European, diesel minivan!!!)

Anywho, I was thinking today about some friends who are enjoying a wonerful new chapter in their lives. They just started dating! This event, although completely having nothing to do with me, has brought me so much joy. Other events recently have done the same thing. A friend had a baby who is healthy and wonderful. Other friends got married and started their life together as man and wife. Another friend is learning some of the most amazing lessons in life, while through some pain, it's truly awesome to watch him grow into the man God wants him to be. I had nothin' to do with any of that!

What struck me today is that this what I think Jesus meant. I have a life, filled with people. I get to share in their joys, their pain, their day to day happenings. I consider it one of the greatest blessings to have these people in  my life and to be allowed to be in theirs. What a joy to live in the body of Christ! What a life, life to the full!!! 

1 comment:

Chippy said...

a calendar being full has never really filled me ... perhaps it's my crazy introvertedness ... but nonetheless it's refreshing to hear that busyness isn't necessarily what Jesus was talking about. i totally want to live life to the full!